Q: My car won't start, not even let me inside the car- unlock it, where do I tow it? What do I do?

In the morning my car wouldn't start, (11:30)so cable jumped the car and it was fine the rest of the day, went to a place aaround 2 and when I tried to get into my ar at 4 it wouldn't open, would beep, and manual key was jammed so could even get into my car to pop the hood to try to start the battery to take it somewhere... so I obviously need to tow it but I don't know where or how because it won't even open, what do I do?!? Who do I call ??
Do I only need a new battery or is my car fully dead?

Hi Dani. Thanks for contacting us today. If you are a member of AAA, you should call them and they will send over a tow truck. Even if the vehicle can’t be opened, they can usually get the vehicle on a flatbed. If not an AAA member, you might want to call your insurance company, because many of them offer road-side assistance programs. In regards to the issue with your car, it’s quite possible that just the battery needs to be replaced, but if you jumpstarted the car earlier today, and it died again, it’s possible that the alternator or other charging system component is damaged. If you can get the car to your home, you could have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to help diagnose this problem. If not, I would call one of your friends or family members to see if they have a local mechanic or repair shop they can recommend to you, and have the Subaru towed to that location.

Getting inside the vehicle would depend on what you mean by the key being jammed. Many times you can use the passenger side door instead of the driver side to unlock the doors. It is also possible that you could get in through the trunk and lower down the rear seats. The most likely cause of the electrical issues you’re experiencing would be a bad battery. Once you’re able to get inside the vehicle I would recommend having your battery tested by a qualified professional to determine if it is functioning properly. Consider YourMechanic as batteries can be tested and replaced at your home or office.