Q: What is the Front Passenger Sensing system?

What is the Front Passenger Sensing system?

A: While your car has both a driver and passen...

While your car has both a driver and passenger front air bag, the passenger side air bag isn’t always active. The Front Passenger Sensing system is designed to turn the passenger front air bag on or off based on several different factors. Here’s what you need to know:

• The system detects the size of the passenger. If the passenger is very small, the air bag will be turned off.

• If the passenger front seat is empty, the front and side air bags will be turned off.

• The air bag will be turned off if the seat belt is not buckled (for empty seats and for small passengers).