Q: Bonneville Stalls Intermittently while idling and while on freeway

I've been having a problem with my Bonneville. It's been stalling on me intermittently. About a month ago it stalled at a red light and I couldn't start it up again. I had it towed and it turned out to be that the MAF had failed. After I got the sensor replaced and it was fine for about a month, until it stalled on me last week while stopped at a red light and while driving at 50 mph on the freeway. The same issue happened to me before about a year and a half ago. I assumed it was the crank position and cam sensors since I had these replaced on my previous Bonneville when it stalled. After replacing the sensors it was running perfectly until it stalled last month. I have brought the car to my mechanic, who was unable to find anything wrong with it. I decided to take it to the Chevy dealer and see if they could find anything that is causing the car to stall. I forgot to mention the ICM was replaced at 60,000 miles. Was wondering if you have any idea as to whats wrong. Thanks

A: Without visually inspecting the problem, it...

Without visually inspecting the problem, it would be hard to see why the stall happens. These vehicles have many possible problems and you replaced most of them. This is not to say that is it is impossible for one of these parts to be failing again. Since this is an intermittent problem, this makes the issue tougher to diagnose. Only way to find the problem is to visually inspect the vehicle, scan for codes, check fuel pressure, and check for spark as the problem is happening. If you want to have this diagnosed, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your stalling issue and determine what is going wrong.