Q: Car revs up and down when in park

asked by on July 11, 2017

When thr car is in park the engine revs uo amd down

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The first thing you want to look for is air leaks. Any air that gets into the engine without passing through the throttle is going to cause a high idle. When the idle reaches a certain limit, the injectors shut off until the idle drops below that limit. then the cycle begins again. If you don’t find an air leak, then the problem will likely be in the throttle position sensor or the throttle itself. Diagnosing those will require some special equipment. You can get this thing checked out at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Nissan Idling problem and let you know what it will take to fix it.