Q: When carrying a load, van rough idles and loses power - 2001 GMC Savana 3500

There is a low and rough idle in my van and when carrying a load, the van dies and loses power. There are no codes to report. The following have already been replaced, but have not helped the problem: plugs, spark plugs wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, rotor, cap, TPS sensor, idle air control sensor, EGR valve, air filter, and MAF sensor. Why have these replacements not fixed the low/rough idle and loss of power in my van?

Hello. There may be an issue with your fuel injectors. If the fuel injectors are clogged, this will not usually throw a Check Engine Light code but will prevent the engine from running properly. If a fuel filter becomes overfilled with debris, some of the debris may make it through the fuel filter and may therefore clog the fuel injectors. I would recommend trying to replace the fuel injectors. I would strongly recommend having this service performed by a professional, as some powertrain control module programming may be required after replacing the fuel injectors.

3. When carrying a load, van rough idles and loses power - 2001 GMC Savana 3500