Q: I can hear the motor for my windshield wipers when i turn them on but they only move about an inch then completely stop

My windshield wipers will not work. I can hear the motor but they only move about an inch and then stop completely.

It could be that the wiper arms are loose on the shaft. It happens a lot if you have turned on your wipers when there is ice or snow on the windshield. If you grab a wiper and can move it by hand then that is likely your problem. The wiper arm will have a plastic cap on the joint that you can lift up and there will be a nut underneath. Tightening that nut may be all that you need to do. If that doesn’t help, then contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your wiper problem and let you know what is the solution.

3. I can hear the motor for my windshield wipers when i turn them on but they only move about an inch then completely stop