Q: Clutch stuck first reverse

A few weeks ago my clutch would stick when I started my car after it had sat overnight. It wouldn't move into 1st gear or reverse. The clutch was touching the floor with little resistance. But after the car warmed up for 10 minutes it went back to normal with no problem going into 1st gear and reverse, and it had normal resistance. The fluid for it was a little low so I bought some new and filled it to the maximum level. This didn't help the clutch at all. The same thing kept happening every morning. Do you know what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

A: It definitely sounds like a clutch hydrauli...

It definitely sounds like a clutch hydraulic issue where fluid is leaking by a seal on the master or slave cylinder until the cylinder heats up and the seal is restored. The clutch slave cylinder housing is closest to the engine, and would be most affected by the engine temperature, so this would be a likely candidate for the issue you are experiencing. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to look at the hydraulic system and determine the necessary repair for your clutch system.