Q: 01 TDI won't start when warm.

asked by on March 15, 2017

Will not turn over or start after engine has been warm. Makes loud beeping noise when the key is turned over to start it

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The computer is making the beeping noise as there is an issue with the starting circuit or main power circuit. Check the start relay and the main computer relay. See if they are getting hot. A hot relay will disconnect causing the voltage to disconnect and not working the start solenoid or the computer. If the relay is getting hot, then I suggest replacing the relay. If the relay is cold or just a little warm, then there could be an issue with the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with your car not starting when warmed up, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.