Q: Motor oil

Will it hurt my engine if i put regular oil in it once it has had synthetic oil in it?Is there a difference in engines that require synthetic oil?

Hi! Great question. It will not hurt an engine to switch from synthetic to conventional petroleum oil or back again. They are totally compatible. Synthetic oils can excel at maintaining their viscosity rating at extreme temperatures and protection at longer intervals.

The two most important things about your engine oil are: use the correct SAE viscosity recommended by the engine manufacturer, and change the oil when recommended by the maintenance schedule or vehicle’s oil change reminder.

If you decide to get your oil and filter serviced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to do so.