Q: Hood sensor

I had hit a deer, they fix my car but when i went to pick it up, as i put it in Drive the hood sensor would pop up saying the hood was open but it was closed, they replaced the wires and both sensors but the sensor will still come up on my dash saying that the hood is open, they been working for about a week on my car and they still can figure it out, i need help please! Thank you!

Such a system is very limited in extent, and works using simple components. The Factory Service Manual for this vehicle will have a test protocol for the system. In addition, if the work was done at a Mercedes Benz dealership, or even a large body shop, they can readily contact technical support at MB headquarters where problems of this sort are handled on a daily basis. It takes work to diagnose problems and it may be that they simply have "guessed" thus far and have not really done the required testing to find the root cause. If there was accident damage, it could be there is a wiring issue, misalignment (sensor misalignment is a common cause) or other obvious causes. If you desire a resolution without further delay, I suggest you request an electrical component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.