Q: I have a 2000 Chevrolet venture. It seems to run fine while driving down the road but when I come to a stop light it's stars out

asked by on February 05, 2017

I have a 2000 Chevrolet venture. It seems to drive just fine while driving down the road but when I come to a stop light on the stop sign it will die whether it is in drive or neutral. It usually starts right away but runs roughly for the first few seconds before driving away again. We have brought the van to Our mechanic several times but he could never replicate the problem. What to do?

Hi there. The first thing a mobile mechanic would do here is complete a car start then dies inspection on your Chevrolet Venture. This would allow them to scan your vehicle for any error codes, test drive the vehicle along with you, in an attempt to replicate the conditions and symptoms you’re experiencing. This type of inspection is best as in most cases, when a vehicle acts as you’ve described; it will be caused by a faulty mass air flow sensor, dirty injectors or a throttle body idle control valve that is faulty. It is also possible that the engine has a vacuum leak. Regardless, always start with a professional inspection before agreeing to any repairs; as it is critical to determine what’s damaged first.