Q: I have no idea what's wrong with my car

My car started dying on me while I was driving it a couple months ago. Then it started having problems starting. It sometimes would crank and not start at all. Sometimes it would start but turn off right away. Now the battery has been dying. I replaced it once, and it ended up dying again. After I jump it, it still acts up.. like it will just crank or it will turn off right away. Also if i have it on for a couple minutes it'll turn off. If I turn my ac on high it makes it easier to make it turn off.. as soon as i turn my ac on it starts running rougher. I took it for a diagnostic one time, they said it was my camshaft postion actuator. I got that replaced and it still didn't fix it. I got my alternator checked, and it doesn't throw any bad codes. I changed my battery terminals. I have no ide what's wrong with it!

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, there are many possibilities for your vehicle’s drivability problems. It could be a fuel delivery problem, such as a faulty fuel pump not having the correct fuel pressure or no rest pressure. A fuel pressure test could confirm this fault. It could be a faulty idle air control valve not controlling the idle speed properly. The battery dying could be some electrical component drawing on the battery when the vehicle sits for any period of time. It could also be the alternator was not properly tested at the time of inspection. Assuming the check engine light is not coming on, this also suggests that the vehicle’s computer is not recognizing the fault(s). I recommend having your vehicle’s starts and dies be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.