Q: Car overheating. Heating blowing cold air.

Do I change my thermostat if my car is overheating? Also the heating system is blowing out cold air. I opened the cap and I checked the radiator hose and there was no coolant in the hose but Was full in the coolant reservoir.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Dodge. This is a good question. From what you've described, your car either has a clogged heater core or is low on coolant. I have had this issue before and once I filled my radiator it blew warm again. If you need assistance with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your overheating issue and help you make the necessary repairs.