2004 Ford escape motor swap 2004 escape v6-3.0l ford

Q: 2004 Ford escape motor swap

I have a 2004 Ford Escape. The motor shot a rod entirely through it, and it is in need of a new motor. I spent every last dollar I had to buy a wrecked 2005 for escape with a working motor in order to swap it into my 2004. Apparently, between the model year 2004 and 2005, Ford made a lot of changes to the motor in the escape. I don't have the money to buy another motor, and I will hoping you would be able to tell me all of the things that would have to be changed in order to make the 2005 Ford escape motor work in a 2004 ford escape. Again, I purchased the entire wreck, and have every part that could be required for the exchange. Thank you very much for your help, guys.

Hi Chase. Thanks for your question today. Unfortunately, we really can’t help you with this, as it’s not a service that our mobile mechanics offer or something we specialize. Your best option is to try to locate a Ford engine replacement specialist to get some tips and advice.