Q: Sluggish starting

My car is not starting correctly. The turnover is sluggish before it catches. I think I might need a new rotor.

A: If the engine is not turning over fast enou...

If the engine is not turning over fast enough, the problem is either your battery or starter motor. The starter requires a lot of power to operate properly, if the battery is weak, the starter will not turn as fast as it should. If the battery is strong and has the proper amperage, the problem could be the starter motor getting weak. This happens over time due to heat and vibration or oil contamination. Check for clean tight battery terminals as well, amperage can be lost due to corrosion or loose connections. Have a technician take a look in order to pinpoint what's causing this starting problem.