Q: My gear when in park doesn't allow ME ro take my key out I have to push up real hard to take out the key..

My gear stick when I turn off the car n put in park doesn't allow me to take the key out I have to oush it up hard in order to get the key out

Hello, thank you for writing in. We need to determine if the key is getting stuck in the ignition cylinder, or if the shifter is not registering as being in park. First, make sure nothing is stuck in the way of the shifter. You may also want to check the bottom of the transmission where the shifter connects to the transmission. Make sure it is going all the way into park. If the key is to blame, you will want to make sure the key is not damaged, and possible lubricate the ignition cylinder. The intricate cylinders can get dirty and dusty, as well as become damaged over time. Only further inspection will tell.

3. My gear when in park doesn't allow ME ro take my key out I have to push up real hard to take out the key..