Q: My car shakes while driving and braking? What could the problem be?

My car shakes and wobble when driving and braking. It was only doing the shaking and wobbling when I braked or went at a certain speed. Now its gotten worse, when going slow or just flowing through traffic it wobbles and shake. I've been told it was the rotors and brake PadS that need to be replaced and someone else told me it was the rack and pinion.. I really would like an answer.

Hello. The rack and pinion typically will not cause this. It is either caused by a warped rotor, a failing bearing or a tire that is separating. Typically if it is the brake rotors it will only wobble when using the brakes. If it is doing it when not applying the brakes then you may have an issue with a bearing or tire. I typically get the vehicle up in the air and check for any loose components. I also check the tires for any bumps or bubbles in the tread that would indicate a separation. If you want to have the cause of your shaking steering wheel diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.