Q: Poor fuel economy

Just trying to locate my fuel filter in my 2011 chevy malibu. I can't seem to find the answer online, I'm trying to determine if I can do this change myself or if it's located in or above the fuel tank, I'd rather bring it to a mechanic as I don't want to drop the fuel tank myself.

Hello there, This is a common question. The fuel filter on your vehicle is built into the fuel pump and is located in the fuel tank. Fuel filters on this vehicle are not serviceable separately from the fuel pump unfortunately.

I’d recommend getting some assistance from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to assist with diagnosing your problem and replacing your fuel pump as necessary.

3. Poor fuel economy