Q: Hi guys! The breaklights on my 2002 Acura RL are not coming on at all. I just replaced the brake light switch and still nothing; w

asked by on October 15, 2016

This issue started a month ago which also included my dashboard staying on when the car was placed in park along with the key being taken out. I also observed my speedometer going up and down at this point, but the car was completely off. Then one morning when headed to work I pushed my brake pedal to get in gear and noticed that I did not hear the click in my gear box that releases my shifter. I read up on the issue and pinpointed it to the break light switch, but as I stated earlier it was just replaced and the brake lights still do not come on.

Brake light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Good question. The other day I had the same issue. I replaced the brake light switch and still no brake lights. The issue I came across was that it had to be adjusted a little. If you take the brake light switch off you should have brake lights on at all times. If this is the case you just need to do as I stated before by adjusting the switch. You can do this by not putting it in as far as it can go. I have provided a link below to further inform you of your issue. (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-light-is-not-working-inspection)