Q: Blown head gasket for 8 months can I fix it or is it to late?

asked by on February 27, 2017

I'm looking to buy the neon for $775 but the seller said that the cars been sitting for 8 months with a blown head gasket and needs a new battery. If I fix everything will the engine run? Or has it been sitting to long?

If the engine has a blown head gasket then you may have got coolant and water into the engine cylinders and inside the crankcase. Since it sat for a long period then you may have rust that built up inside the cylinder walls and may require the pistons to be removed and cylinders cleaned and honed out.