Q: Blown head gasket for 8 months can I fix it or is it to late?

I'm looking to buy the neon for $775 but the seller said that the cars been sitting for 8 months with a blown head gasket and needs a new battery. If I fix everything will the engine run? Or has it been sitting to long?

If the engine has a blown head gasket then you may have got coolant and water into the engine cylinders and inside the crankcase. Since it sat for a long period then you may have rust that built up inside the cylinder walls and may require the pistons to be removed and cylinders cleaned and honed out.

3. Blown head gasket for 8 months can I fix it or is it to late?