Q: Manifold overheat!! Its (KILLING ME!)

good day brothers.. I have envoy xuv 2005.. and the problem is while i start the engine and drive the car for 15 minits.. the exhaust manifold become overheated in other words( RED as fire) and the power of the car decreases.. i tried to change the manifold gaskit with new genue one.. but still i have the problem.. please help me..

Hello. Thanks for writing in. The vehicle’s malfunction with the exhaust system has likely caused the catalytic converter to fail. Unless there is a foreign object in the tail pipe clogging the airflow, it is the catalytic converter which is pushing the exhaust fumes back towards the engine. This will also cause other serious engine damage, and should be taken care of as soon as possible. Try not to drive the vehicle. The catalytic converter will need to be replaced. However you need to find the reason it failed in the first place. Your vehicle does have high mileage at 180,000 the catalytic converter could have failed on its own. But do not count on that, and perform a proper exhaust inspection. You may find it beneficial to replace the catalytic converter first, and then test the exhaust in entirety.

3. Manifold overheat!! Its (KILLING ME!)