Q: Water temperature gauge fluctuates even after replacing the thermostat could it be the water pump

Water temperature gauge fluctuates even after replacing the thermostat

A: Hello, thank you for asking about your 2003...

Hello, thank you for asking about your 2003 Honda Element. This can be many different things aside from the thermostat, such as a failing water pump, a failing coolant fan relay, a clogged radiator, or even potentially a blown head gasket. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a cooling system service.