Q: Water temperature gauge fluctuates even after replacing the thermostat could it be the water pump

Water temperature gauge fluctuates even after replacing the thermostat

Hello, thank you for asking about your 2003 Honda Element. This can be many different things aside from the thermostat, such as a failing water pump, a failing coolant fan relay, a clogged radiator, or even potentially a blown head gasket. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a cooling system service.

3. Water temperature gauge fluctuates even after replacing the thermostat could it be the water pump