Q: A/C fan blows, but no cold air

The fan is blowing in my A/C, but there is no cold air. I bought the SUV pre-owned and there's no manual. Is there a seasonal switch that needs to be turned between seasons?

Hello. Unfortunately there is not a switch for the seasons on this vehicle. If it is not blowing cold then it is usually an issue with low refrigerant. The system gets low due to a leak and the compressor will not come on keeping it from getting cold. I usually start by looking to see if the compressor is coming on. If it is not, then I install a set of pressure gauges to see if the system needs refrigerant. If it is empty then there is a leak. If it is low, I add some and see if it works well or if it continues to leak. If it is full and the compressor is not coming on, then there is an electrical issue. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to detect any leaks and diagnose your AC system.

3. A/C fan blows, but no cold air