Q: windshield wipers won't shut off

wipers won't shut off when car is turned off and the keys are out

If the wipers are still functioning even after you have used the switch to command them off, that means the switch supplying power is fused shut and/or the circuit is being powered when it is not supposed to be due to a wiring fault. To resolve an issue such as that, the circuit powering the wiper motor has to be traced, starting with the devices that should indeed be "off" if commanded off (such as the wiper switch, relay, etc.). If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this problem resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.