Q: Hi, I drove my Camry 2002 in 2nd gear more than 60, after which its making horrible noise and doesn't get speed. Fixable??

asked by on April 20, 2017

Hi, I drove my Camry 2002 in 2nd gear more than 60mph, after which its making horrible noise and doesn't get speed plus the engine oil light blinks.

Is it something that can fixed or I have to scrap the car?

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $220.77 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, Depending on how long and how hard the motor was run at that speed in second gear, you may have damaged internal engine components. This may or may not be related to the oil light coming on. The oil pressure light will usually come on when a few things could be happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil, the oil pump could be failing or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. If the engine is in fact low on oil, you may notice the temperature gauge reading above normal temperatures as a result of the lack of sufficient oil in the motor. I would recommend checking the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on and what may have caused the noise you are describing.