Q: Motor making strange knocking sound.

I either need my motor rebuilt or need to figure out why my motor is knocking on the driver's side.

A: Hello, you may have something in the motor ...

Hello, you may have something in the motor that is broken but a common knocking noise with this car is from the torque converter flex plate. A technician, such one from YourMechanic, can listen to the sound to determine where the noise is coming from. A knock could be from piston slap. This is where the piston is worn so much that it hits the side on the cylinder wall making a knocking sound. It could also be a stuck lifter making a knocking from the pushrod or valve. This can usually be fixed with a motor flush that a technician can help you with. If the knocking is coming from the the bottom end of the motor you may need to have the a new motor installed because it could be a turned bearing or broken a or work connecting rod.