Q: Motor making strange knocking sound.

I either need my motor rebuilt or need to figure out why my motor is knocking on the driver's side.

Hello, you may have something in the motor that is broken but a common knocking noise with this car is from the torque converter flex plate. A technician, such one from YourMechanic, can listen to the sound to determine where the noise is coming from. A knock could be from piston slap. This is where the piston is worn so much that it hits the side on the cylinder wall making a knocking sound. It could also be a stuck lifter making a knocking from the pushrod or valve. This can usually be fixed with a motor flush that a technician can help you with. If the knocking is coming from the the bottom end of the motor you may need to have the a new motor installed because it could be a turned bearing or broken a or work connecting rod.