Q: Used vehicle purchase

I'm looking to purchase a used mid-size vehicle with cargo space. Thinking of a Toyota Highlander, likely 2013 (since it was redesigned in 2014 and been told it then had electronics issues). Think it's a good choice?, better choices? other manufacturers, other years? I wanted to cap the mileage at 50,000, do you think that is a reasonable number. I'm flexible but want to keep it around $21- 25K. Thanks.

Hi There, The Toyota Highlander is a fantastic SUV with great ratings. As you know, Toyota makes fantastic vehicles and they hold a great resale value. According to Kelly Blue Book, your price range of $21,000-25,000 is right in line with what the market bears in terms of pricing if purchasing from a dealer. Of course, as with any used car purchase, these prices will vary according to several factors such as options available, mileage, zip code, etc. As you know, with any car the life expectancy of it depends largely on the maintenance schedule the owner has maintained, the driving conditions it is subjected to, the driving habits of the owner and many other factors. Often times when a car has had internal damage or even slight cosmetic damage, it may be difficult to tell without looking closely or performing an in depth inspection. As with any vehicle, proper maintenance schedules are a key factor to prolonging the longevity of the vehicle and avoiding unnecessary costly repair bills due to neglecting proper maintenance intervals. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to perform a thorough pre-purchase inspection prior to making your purchase.

3. Used vehicle purchase