Q: Diagnostic code P0411

I have taken it to see why check engine light was on and the code came up at po411

A code P0411 indicates a secondary air injection system incorrect flow has been detected. This is essentially a system of flushing clean and fresh air into the exhaust system in order to keep the catalytic converter working at its best. It’s another way we have come up with to minimize hydrocarbons and other emissions. It consists of a pump and a valve, and it is controlled by the PCM. An error code with this system is likely a bad or clogged check valve, a bad connection to the PCM, or a failed air pump.