Q: Their is a hole in the Heater Box

asked by on February 11, 2017

Their is a hole in the Heater Box -The Mech said it has to be replaced - approx how much would some thing like this cost ?

If you are referring to the "heater core", which is the metal assembly under the dash that looks like a mini radiator and through which heated coolant flows, for your make and model that part costs anywhere from $75 to $250 depending on whether you buy a genuine OEM (dealer) heater core or an aftermarket heater core. Obviously, the OEM core is preferred as it will fit and function as well as the original. It takes roughly 3 to 5 hours to remove and replace the heater core. To get a precise estimate of the cost, please request a heater core diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will estimate this exactly for you, based on whether you want the OEM core or an aftermarket core. Alternatively, you can request an estimate via YourMechanic’s website or dial the toll free telephone number: 844-249-6752. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.