Q: I have a 1991 ford f150 that stutters when i press on the gas

I have a 1991 ford f150.that stutters and feels like it is going to stall when I press on the gas pedal. If I press lightly it doesn't seem to do it, only when I press down to get up to speed. The plugs and harness are new. I was told it could be a clogged egr, clogged fuel injectors or possibly fuel filter problems. This is my only work vehicle and I have six small children and a wife to take care of so my finances are a little tight, so I cant just start replacing things. You come highly recommended please help me figure this problem out, I really need my truck to run, longer than me preferably. Thank you for your time

Hi there. One of the reasons why YourMechanic.com is different is that we have mobile mechanics that complete inspections to determine what’s the cause or source of an issue (like the stumbling problem under acceleration you’ve described above). The best thing to do is have one of our mobile mechanic complete a engine stumbles under acceleration inspection first. This will save you time, money and resources trying to diagnose and resolve your work truck problem.

3. I have a 1991 ford f150 that stutters when i press on the gas