Q: Car Ignition doesn't work. To turn it on you have to switch a box under the steering wheel that came out. I don't know how to fix

asked by on June 16, 2017

The car ignition doesn't work you can put key in and out, turn it. It won't turn on or do anything. But there's. Box that under the steering wheel that fell out from somewhere and that's how I've been turning on and off the car. Idk how to put the box back or where it goes. I also was wondering if the box gets put back if the ignition would just fix its self

Hi there. It is possible that somebody has installed an aftermarket or bypass ignition system on this vehicle, as the standard OEM ignition lock cylinder is not configured like what you have described. It would probably be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an ignition inspection to determine how to resolve this issue for you.