Q: Brand new car has problem starting 2016 Nissan Sentra

I bought a new car, 3 miles, 6 weeks ago. Sometimes when i go to start my car it sounds like it's not going to start, how it sounds when the battery is dead.. I've had the battery tested and it isn't the battery. Most times i press the button and it starts strong; however the last few days when I go to start my car it sounds like it had no power to start and takes 3-4 seconds to turnover and start. It hasn't happened in the morning, even this past week when it was -3 outside, it only happens when the car has been driven and restarted later.

Hi - the "hard start when hot" sounds like a weak starter solenoid - unusual for a new car. "Heat soak" the transfer of heat after a vehicle has been driven, can sometimes cause weak electrical components, like the starter solenoid, to fail while hot, but work properly once they have cooled down. Since your vehicle is under warranty, I would seek correction through the dealer where you purchased the vehicle. If this is not satisfactory, call Nissan Customer Service to escalate.

3. Brand new car has problem starting 2016 Nissan Sentra