Q: Pinging sound a

After a long road trip escalade started a pinging sound, check engine light and stabilize traction light allows turns on took to have engine light checked and changed the ignition coil #4 and all spark plugs and wires. It still making same sound what else could it be?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2012 Cadillac Escalade. A pinging noise is typically used to refer to spark knock or a damaged engine running condition. Did the Check Engine Light return with the same codes after doing the work? Check the engine oil and coolant levels to be sure they are full. If the engine is running very rough like it's misfiring, have an experienced technician diagnose the sound and inspect the engines compression to see if there may be a head gasket failure.