Q: Can I change my car from full injection to a carburetor?

asked by on December 20, 2016

Can I change the Full Inyeccion to Carburator? I dont found the Computer if so how may I do it and the components to use it. thanks

rlopezp3@gmail.com

Hi there. According to the emission department of the government, it is against the law to swap out a fuel injection system for a carburetor due to not getting a computer. If the vehicle was registered as recreational use only and is not intended for street purposes, then you could do the change. However, if the vehicle is a daily driver and is in a populated area with emissions testing, then you cannot change over the vehicle to carburetor as the vehicle is tested with the computer being plugged in and the gas cap is tested as being pressurized. Also, the airbag system, fuel system, exhaust system, and all of the electrical system in your vehicle is tied into the computer. Removing the computer and wanting to drive the vehicle with a carburetor will not work without a computer controlled ignition system. All of the components to the vehicle will not work and not function. If you need further assistance with replacing your computer, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.