Q: Rattling sound coming from engine

While car is in idle or running, I can hear a subtle to moderate rattling sound coming from the engine.

A: Have a trained mechanic first verify a prop...

Have a trained mechanic first verify a proper oil level. This is vital to the engine's operation, as internal components that are not receiving proper oiling can become noisy. If the noise doesn't go away with the proper oil level, the mechanic can use an automotive stethoscope to find the loudest point of the noise, which will help determine where the rattling is coming from. I suggest consulting one of our expert team members here at YourMechanic.