Q: Late on oil change leads to loud car

So my I missed my oil change by about 1000 miles but kept putting oil in my car as needed and it now sounds like it's running without an exhaust system. It's coming from the front like it blew the exhaust manifold, I have an oil change set up for tomorrow, can I add a couple more quarts of oil and drive it down to the mechanic and have him change it and I'll it clear up the sound of is this the sign of a bigger problem? Thanks

If you ran your engine low on oil it may have damaged the engine and should fill oil and have a mechanic check it to see if it is an engine or exhaust noise?

3. Late on oil change leads to loud car