2007 bmw 335i serpentine belt keeps breaking bmw 335i 200...

Q: 2007 bmw 335i serpentine belt keeps breaking

asked by on July 30, 2017

I have replaced the belt twice now, it keeps breaking apart. First time it passed through the crankshaft seal and into the timing chain. This time it looks like I got lucky and it didnt. I dont know why it keeps breaking.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a tensioner pulley that may have a worn out bearing that may be putting additional stress on the belt as it turns. The other possibility may be that the tensioner pulley may be adjusted too tight. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.