Q: I was wondering if its okay to buy a car that has a rebuilt title.

My dad is trying to get a new car and he found one that has a rebuilt title on it. and im wondering if its okay to get it.

When a vehicle has been totaled out by an insurance company due to damages exceeded to the vehicle exceeded the value of the car. Once totaled the insurance company will sell off the car and whoever purchases it can do all the repairs the car needed to bring it back to 100% and get the car certified as a rebuilt car title. This sounds okay except in my experience the repairs done to the car can be substandard and not done 100% as it should. Depending on the reason the car was totalled I have seen hidden damages to body and frame that were not repaired and wiring repairs not repaired good and causes problem in the near future. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a pre-purchase inspection to see if some of these problems are present. One thing to remember is your resale value goes down with the rebuilt title and you should offer less that book value when purchasing it.

3. I was wondering if its okay to buy a car that has a rebuilt title.