Q: I am installing a timing belt on a crate motor. The intake side camshaft tdc marks do not line up perfectly like the exhaust side

The tdc marks on the intake side do not line up exactly to the tdc marks on the exhaust side. I turned the camshaft by hand and I'm worried that I possibly damaged internals? If not how to I go about realigning the right side cam to tdc? Please help me

Hello. If there was not a timing belt on the engine already then you need to be careful about turning everything. As long as you are taking it easy and being vigilant of any binding you can turn each of the gears until they align. It should be fairly easy if they are not too far off. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home and ensure a proper installment of your timing belt.

• I am installing a timing belt on a crate motor. The intake side camshaft tdc marks do not line up perfectly like the exhaust side