Q: Master warning light, check engine light came on randomly. I know my car needs a new fuel filter and air filter. Could that be it?

asked by on July 31, 2017

The warning light and check engine lights came on after driving about 20 miles total today. This has happened before reciently and the car stalled and then turned back on after 10 minutes and drove fine. I know I need new air and fuel filters, could that be it?

Hi there. With a hybrid, it’s quite possible that the warning light is being triggered due to a malfunctioning sensor or that a sensor has detected a fault somewhere in the fuel or ignition system. It is possible that the fuel or air filter being dirty might have triggered the warning light. If those services need to be completed, I would start there. If this clears up your problem, fantastic. If not, please have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection so they can download the codes that triggered this alert and located the source of the issue.