Q: Transmission slipping from 2nd and 3rd - 2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG

My car started to give me trouble this week on my way to and from work. And I have been getting stuck at stop lights, signs and red lights. My transmission is slipping then catching. It’s doing this when I shift from 2nd gear to 3rd gear. And then I get stuck in the middle of traffic and everybody was honking at me! It’s the pits. Do you know what I can do to fix this? I’m going to work on my car all weekend before driving it out again.

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few possible causes are low or dirty transmission fluid, a faulty transmission or a faulty transmission control unit. It appears that the issues have put your vehicle in limp or reduced performance, mde, in order to protect the vehicle from possible damage. Unless you are knowledgable with repairs, I would advise against working on this vehicle on your own, as a luxury vehicle like this one will have more sophisticated systems and components than a regular vehicle. I would recommend you have the slipping problem diagnosed by a professional technician in order to determine what the exact cause of the issue may be.

3. Transmission slipping from 2nd and 3rd - 2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG