Q: My car is stuttering as I drive

When driving the vehicle stutters. I have topped the oil up more than I have ever in any other car. there is no oil leak marks on my driveway

Q: Whenever we start the van every now and then, it won't start on the first time. and then it will on the second time.

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are a couple of possibilities. If the problem is lack of cranking the engine over, the problem could be a worn ignition switch, starter solenoid or starter - due to burned contacts in any...

Q: Oil leaking from valve guide

If the engine only smokes blue at start-up, the valve guide seals are to blame. If the engine smokes blue constantly, especially while revving the engine, the piston rings are bad. Both issues involve complex repairs that come at a...

Q: Truck jerking, hesitating, and stalling.

You are most likely experiencing an engine misfire. An engine misfire will cause a jerk, or hesitation sensation you are describing. The most common problems that cause misfires in your engine are the spark plugs, wires, or ignition coils. However...