Q: There is a grinding noise that gets worse the faster I go.

When i get to around 10 mph I hear a grinding noise. It gets louder and faster the faster I go, not engine speed but mph.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Kia Sorento. Most of the time if there is a grinding noise that is related to the speed of the vehicle it is caused by a bad wheel bearing. When a bearing fails this noise occurs. I usually get the vehicle in the air and spin each wheel while listening for the noise. If none is heard then the issue may be in the transmission. If you want to have your wheel bearings replaced, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this noise.