Q: I think I installed the front hub seal backwards

I would like to see a diagram of how the hub seal is installed. I think I may have put it in backwards

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. When a hub seal ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. When a hub seal is installed, the lip on the hub seal will want to be on the top when you are pressing it in. There is always one side that is slightly wider than the other side because of this lip. The lip is always supposed to go on top. I am not sure if an exploded diagram of the suspension would even include this seal. I would recommend removing the hub again and visually inspecting the hub to determine if the seal is leaking. If you are in doubt about this repair, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.