Q: Feels tugging while driving

I just had the rotors, calipers and pads replaced on my car. The passenger side locked up and the car was jacked up behind the license plate with no jack stands for 2 days. Now when I’m driving it feels like something is tugging on my car. The passenger side brake caliper keeps catching I think but not sure. Do you have any ideas? Could this problem be from the car being jacked up behind the license plate with no jack stands for 2 days?

A: Hello. While it is generally not recommende...

Hello. While it is generally not recommended to jack vehicles up from anywhere besides the designated lift points, doing so is likely not the cause of the issue, as the components in question are located away from the area. It is possible that the brakes may be binding and dragging. This can be caused by an improperly lubricated caliper or brake pad, or a seized caliper piston or sliding pin. A thorough inspection of the brakes system would help determine if any of these components need service or replacement.