Q: Every time I unlock the door there is a rattling sound, I don't know where it's coming from. Do you have any ideas?

Every time I unlock the door there is rattling sounds, I don't know where it's coming from. Do you have any ideas? It only happens when I unlock the door.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Unfortunat...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Unfortunately, we need to know a bit more information in order to give you an accurate diagnosis such as your vehicle, make, model and year. However, in many cases, the rattling sounds you're describing while unlocking the car are caused by the tumblers inside the locking mechanism or the power door lock relay that may be wearing out or misaligned. The best way to determine the exact source of this sound is to contact one of our local mechanics to complete a physical inspection of your vehicle when your schedule permits.