Q: I have a 84 Cutlass supreme with a 305 in it i had some work done to it but when i put the car in reverse its stalling out.

I have a 84 Cutlass supreme with a 305 in it i had some work done to it but when i put the car in reverse its stalling out. What can be the problem

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Seantez. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases, when you shift into reverse and the vehicle stalls, it’s due to damage within the valve body of the transmission. If your Cutlass Supreme is fuel injected, clogged injectors or other fuel system components could be the source. However, it’s also common for a failing torque converter or obstruction in the transmission fluid to cause this issue too. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a car starts then dies inspection to isolate the root source.