Q: No power to the car after replacing the ignition switch.

asked by on December 27, 2016

Hi I have a 2000 Buick Regal. I was replacing a faulty ignition switch and after it was replaced there was no power to the car at all. Battery is fine, connections are fine, alternator is good, and fuses are fine. I'm not sure if there's any wires under the steering wheel that could've been messed with to cause this problem. If you have any insight. I would appreciate it greatly

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the electrical wiring in the steering column and make sure that the wires are not crossed. This will cause the system to bypass the switch and go back to the battery. Back track all of the wires that were hooked up as the switch was replaced. It is possible that the faulty ignition switch may have burnt some ignition wires in the steering column. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your no power condition.