Q: Brake lights stay on cruse control don't work , traction control is off ,light on the dash is on. Replaced the brake switch. 2008 Pontiac G6

asked by on March 02, 2017

Brake lights stay on, cruse don't work, traction light is on. Replaced brack switch didn't fix it. Lights go off when car is off.

Hello - your brake light switch needs to be adjusted, even though it was replaced. With the switch "On" all the time, the cruise control won’t work, now will the traction control system either. For assistance with this step, I recommend a brake light switch service performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, adjust the switch, and verify that this corrects the cruise/control and traction control systems malfunction.