Q: Opinion on installing subwoofers in a car

I was wondering what you thought about subwoofers in cars--a bad idea or a good idea?

A: It turns out the worst sounds are the low-f...

It turns out the worst sounds are the low-frequency ones. These can be bad for your ears. It’s not going to hurt the car at all.

If you wire them correctly, you’re going to need bigger set of batteries and sometimes 100-150 amp alternator to power them if you really want to make them loud. You can do whatever you want if you’re not worried about ear problems. The police can also stop you for making too much noise. I’m not a big fan of subwoofers, but that’s my personal opinion.